This castle is out in the remote area of Strathdon. The structure has been completely restored to it's original status. It has a star shaped curtain wall for defense.
The castle was built in the 16th century and last occupied in 1912 by two sisters called The Castle Ladies in a photo. The castle was turned over to the state in 1961 for preservation.
Corgarff was used by the Jacobites as supply storage for powder, muskets and ammunition. It was later retaken for the government and eventually turned into a garrison outpost.
The Castle Tragedy of 1571