A popular tour stop, this castle is still the home for the chief of the Campbell clan, also known as the Duke of Argyll. Only a portion of the castle is open to the public and no cameras or video equipment are allowed into the interior of the castle.
The castle was built in 1744 by the third Duke of Argyll. The
interior of the castle was finished in 1771. There are several
portraits to be seen hung throughout the castle interior of
various Campbell ancestors along with family heirlooms.