Page and Photos
Copyright ©1999-2006
C.Garner and P.Wright

Send Comments

Inverlochy Castle

July 16, 1999
Near Fort William, Invernesshire
Map Ref: NN 120 754

prev more next

[Highland Region]
Inverlochy Castle:

This castle originally belonged to the Comyns of Badenoch. It was constructed in the 13th century, however the Comyns were destroyed by Robert the Bruce around 1308 and the castle went to the Gordons of Huntly.

It has very simple layout, a square courtyard with a tower at each corner. The castle is fairly ruined and a modern castle was constructed nearby under the same name. The newer Inverlochy Castle is a hotel now.



Inverlochy Castle:
Additional photos by Contributors