Page and Photos
Copyright ©1999-2006
C.Garner and P.Wright

Send Comments

Leith Hall

Near Rhynie, Aberdeenshire
October, 1993
Map Reference: NJ 541 298

prev next

Leith Hall started as a 17th century tower house. It was built by James Leith in 1650 after his father purchased the land. The Leith family continuously owned it from 1650 to 1945. It was turned over to the National Trust of Scotland for care.

The hall was added to in the 18th and 19th century to produce a structure with a square courtyard. There is one reference to Leith Hall as Peill Castle.

Leith Hall : Front side
Photo copyright ©1999 by Melanie King
Leith Hall : Corner
Photo copyright ©1999 by Melanie King
Leith Hall : Back
Photo Copyright ©1999 by Melanie King