Page and Photos
Copyright ©1999-2006
C.Garner and P.Wright

Send Comments

Stuart Castle

July 12, 1999
Near Inverness, Invernesshire
Map Ref: NH 742 498

prev next

[Highland Region]
Castle Stuart

The property was held by the Macintoshes then passed to the Earls of Moray (Stewarts) in 1625. The existing structure was built by the Stewarts and may have used part of the existing 14th century stronghold. It was abandoned and unroofed around 1835 and was restored for use as a hotel in the 1980's.


Castle Stuart: Closeup